The City of Kennesaw is requesting feedback on several proposed changes to the 2010 City sanitation service. These changes have been proposed in order to offset rising costs and operate more efficiently while avoiding increased fees. The proposed 2010 changes include:
- Reduce the number of vehicles and personnel
- Go to one day a week garbage collection (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday)
- Move brush collection to Monday (yard waste only – limit to number of bags)
- Charge for bulk material collection (large limbs, white goods, furniture, etc.)
- Accounts in property owner’s name – not renter’s name
- Security deposit: $100 (container cost)
- Reinstatement fee: $50
- Bad Check/credit card: $25
- Call Back & Special Pick up $25 normal hours; $55 after hours
Proposed 2010 Rate Changes:
Rates will be based on usage (base rate will not change)
- Residential Rates will be based on the number of containers. 1 is $24, 2 will be $28, 3 will be $32, 4 will be $36 and 5 will be $40.
- Commercial Rates will also be based on the number of containers. 1 will be $35, 2 will be $45, 3 will be $55, 4 will be $65, 5 will be $75.