The Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive history is hosting a full day seminar to uncover the stories behind the history of the Civil War. The Civil War spun stories of heroism and tragedy that are still impacting the men and women of Georgia. This one-day seminar will examine the efforts of Georgians from the battlefield to the home front with a panel of distinguished academic authors.
- Tammy Harden Galloway, author of Dear Old Roswell: The Civil War Letters of the King Family of Roswell, GA
- Kurt D. Graham, author of To Honor These Men: A History of the Phillips Georgia Legion Infantry
- John Randolph Poole, author of Cracker Cavaliers: A Regimental History of the Second Georgia Cavalry under Wheeler and Forrest
- Dr. John Fowler, contributor to New Georgia Encyclopedia
- Russell Bonds, author of Stealing the General
Register by October 16 for $10 per person!
Attendees receive complimentary Museum admission, and a guest receives half-off admission (valid only the day of the seminar.)
On-site registration: $20 per person
Light refreshments will be provided; however, you must provide your own lunch.
Date and Time:
10/24/09 from 9am to 4pm
For more information, call (770) 427-2117, ext 3177